You can change input on Hisense TV without remote using physical buttons on TV, downloading Hisense remote control app, connecting an external device like wireless keyboard or mouse, or using voice commands through Alexa or Google Assistant.
To change input on Hisense TV With remote, press the Input or Source button and select the desired input from the list. For smart TVs, press the Home button, navigate to the Inputs option, and choose your source.
Table of Contents
Hisense TV Input Settings
There are several ways to change the input source on a Hisense TV depending on whether you have the remote control or not.
If you have the remote, you can simply press the input button and select the desired source from the list of inputs. The steps may slightly vary based on the Hisense TV model and smart platform installed like Roku, Android TV, Fire TV etc.
Without the remote, inputs can be changed using the physical buttons on the TV, through mobile apps, using voice commands, or by connecting an external device.
In Input settings you can:
- Enable/disable specific inputs.
- Rename inputs for easy identification.
- Set which input will be default when the TV is turned on.
- Change the input icon.
- Adjust advanced settings for each input like aspect ratio.
- Set up universal remotes when using external devices.
- Manage connected HDMI-CEC devices.
How to Change Input on Hisense TV Without Remote
Changing the input source on your Hisense TV is easy, even without the remote control. There are a few different methods you can use:
1. Using Physical Buttons on TV
To access input menu directly from the TV without the need for a remote, to do this, follow these steps:
- Turn on your Hisense TV using the Power button.
- Press the Input button on the TV.
- Use the volume or channel buttons to navigate to the desired input.
- Press and hold the Menu button to select the input.
2. Using Remote Control App
You can use smartphone or tablet as a virtual remote to manage your TV’s input settings. To do this, follow these steps:
- Download and install a compatible remote control app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Connect your device to the same Wi-Fi network as your Hisense TV.
- Open the app and pair your device with the Hisense TV.
- Use the app’s virtual remote to change the input.
3. Using Voice Commands
For hands-free input switching, Employ voice commands to change the input on your Hisense TV. To do this, follow these steps:
- Ensure your Hisense TV supports voice control.
- Enable voice control on your TV.
- Say “Hey Google/Alexa, change the TV input to HDMI 1” etc.
4. Using External Device
If physical buttons don’t work, you can use external devices like wired mice, gaming controllers, or computer keyboards to navigate input options. Here are the steps to follow for this purpose:
- Connect a wired mouse, gaming controller, or keyboard to the USB ports.
- Use the external device to navigate to the Input menu.
- Select the desired input source.
How to Change Input on Hisense TV using Remote?
Changing the input source on your Hisense TV is easy when using the remote control. Here are the steps for different Hisense smart TV operating systems:
1. For Hisense Android TV
You can change the input on your Hisense Android TV using the dedicated Input button on your remote. Follow these steps to change input on your Hisense Android TV:
- Turn on your Hisense Android TV and press the Home button on the remote.
- Press the Input button on the remote.
- Select the desired input source from the list of available inputs.
2. For Hisense Google TV
To Access the input options directly from your remote on Hisense Google TV, follow these steps:
- Press the power button on the remote and turn on your Hisense Google TV.
- Press the Input button on the remote to access the input list.
- Select the desired input source from the available options.
3. For Hisense Roku TV
To change input on your Hisense Roku tv, Follow these steps:
- Turn on your Hisense Roku TV and press the Home button.
- Scroll down and select Settings from the home screen.
- Select TV Inputs under Settings.
- Choose the desired input source from the list.
4. For Hisense Fire TV
To access Input source on your Hisense Fire tv, follow these simple steps:
- Turn on your Hisense Fire TV and go to the home screen.
- Press the left arrow on the remote and select Input.
- Select the desired input source from the available list.
5. For Hisense VIDAA TV
You can change input on your Hisense VIDAA tv by following these steps:
- Press the Input button on the remote with the TV turned on.
- Select the desired input source from the list of available inputs.
For Hisense XClass TV
Here are the simple steps to change input on your Hisense XClass tv:
- Turn on your Hisense XClass TV.
- Press the Home button on the remote.
- Highlight and select Antenna and Inputs.
- Choose the desired input source from the available list.
Where Is Input Button On Hisense TV?
The input button is usually located near the top of the remote and labeled “Input“, “Source“, or “AV“. It may have a small icon like a TV or arrow.
On simpler Hisense remote models, the input button is a rectangular button located above the directional arrows.
For remotes with fewer buttons, the input button is usually one of the larger buttons located below the directional pad.
On smart remote models like the Roku TV remote, the input button is located towards the top and has the text “Input” on it.
For some models like Hisense Android TV or Google TV, the input button has the Android TV logo on it and is above the directional pad.
If your remote has voice command capabilities, the input button is often located below the microphone button.
Check the user manual that came with your Hisense TV or remote if you’re still not able to locate it. The manual provides a diagram of the remote with all buttons labeled.
Hisense TV Input Button Not Working? Fix it
Here are some quick tips to troubleshoot if the input button is not working on your Hisense TV remote:
- Check batteries
- Re-pair remote
- Try original remote
- Unblock IR sensor
- Reset remote
- Update TV software
- Factory reset TV
- Replace faulty remote
- Use mobile app
- Connect wireless mouse/keyboard
- Contact technician – could be hardware issue
Hisense TV Changing Input on Its Own–How to fix
Here are some tips to stop your TV from changing inputs randomly:
1. Remove the Batteries From Remote
If your tv keeps changing input itself, you might need to remove the batteries of remote:
- If the TV stops changing input after removing the batteries, then the problem is likely with the remote.
- If one of the buttons on the remote is stuck, you can try to free it with a Q-tip and alcohol.
- If the remote is faulty, you will need to replace it.
2. Change Your HDMI Cable
A damaged or faulty HDMI cable can cause the TV to change input automatically. To avoid this:
- Use a high-quality HDMI cable that is compatible with your TV and the device you are connecting it to.
- If you are unsure of which type of HDMI cable to use, consult the user manual for your TV.
3. Power Cycle the TV
To fix the issue of Hisense TV keeps changing its input on its own, try power cycling the TV:
- Power cycling the TV can sometimes fix problems with the input settings.
- To power cycle the TV, turn it off at the power button, unplug it from the wall, and wait for 2 minutes.
- Then, plug the TV back in and turn it on.
4. Move Any Wireless Infrared Devices Away From the TV
Any infrared device near TV can cause input changing, as Wireless infrared devices can interfere with the TV’s input signals. To avoid this:
- Move any wireless infrared devices away from the TV, such as intrusion detectors, home entertainment control units, cordless microphones, headsets, modems, printers, and cameras.
5. Turn Auto Input Change Mode Off
Some TVs have an auto input change mode that can cause the TV to change input automatically. To disable auto input change, follow the steps in user manual for your TV.
The name of the auto input change mode may vary depending on the manufacturer of your TV. Some common names include HDMI-CEC, Simplink, Bravia Sync, and Anynet+.
6. Update Your TV’s Software
Outdated software can sometimes cause problems with the TV’s input settings. To isolate the issue:
- Check for software updates for your TV.
- To install software updates, follow the steps in the user manual for your TV.
7. Contact Technician
If problem persists after above steps, there may be an internal hardware issue. Contact a technician for inspection and repair.
Or check Hisense User Manual
Fix Hisense TV Stuck On HDMI Input
Here are the steps to fix a Hisense TV stuck on HDMI input:
- Unplug the power cord from the TV and all connected devices.
- Hold down the power button on the TV for 15 seconds. This will discharge any remaining power in the TV.
- Plug the power cord back into the TV.
- Wait 30 seconds for the TV to fully boot up.
- Press the power button on the TV to turn it on.
- After the Hisense logo appears, press the Menu button on the TV remote.
- Use the navigation buttons on the remote to select the desired input source.
- Plug the HDMI cable back into the TV and the connected device.