Last updated: August 26, 2023
Information We Collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so–for example, to provide our Service, to communicate with you, or to make our Service better. We collect this information from various sources described below.
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide to us directly when you use the Site or Service. This includes:
- Contact information, such as your email address, phone number or mailing address when you register for an account, contact us with questions, or sign up for our newsletter.
- Profile information that you provide for your user account, such as your name, location, areas of interest, and profile photo.
- Communications between you and iGuideSmart when you contact us with questions or comments.
- Information you provide when participating in surveys, sweepstakes, giveaways or promotions through our Service.
Passively Collected Information
We also collect some information automatically:
- Log data and device information such as your web browser, operating system, internet connection, and the device identifiers.
- Data about how you access and use the Site and Service, such as the pages or content you view, sites and links you click, searches you conduct, date and time of your visit and referring website.
- Cookies, which are data files placed on your device, as described further below.
How We Use Information
We only use your information where we have a legal basis to do so, including:
- To operate, provide, develop and improve the products and services that we offer through our Site and Service.
- To respond to your inquiries, comments, feedback or questions and provide customer support.
- To send communications, including emails relating to support or updates about changes to our Service.
- To customize content and recommend products and services we think may benefit you, per your preferences and behavior.
- To notify you about special offers and products available through our Service.
- To administer promotions or contests.
- To prevent and address fraud, breach of policies or terms, and threats or harm.
Disclosure to Third Parties
We do not sell, share, or otherwise disclose information about our customers to third parties, except in the limited circumstances described in this policy or with express permission from customers.
Third-Party Service Providers
We work with third-party service providers who help us operate and enhance our Service. These third-parties assist by providing services such as data storage, validation, security, and other technology related services. They may have access to or process personal information as part of providing these services. We limit the personal information provided to only what is reasonably necessary for them to perform these functions.
As Required by Law
We may also share or disclose personal data when we believe it’s reasonably necessary to comply with law, regulation, subpoena or court order.
Affiliates and Acquisitions
In the event of a merger or acquisition by another company, we may share information with them going forward. We will notify you if such a change occurs in ownership and choices you may have.
Updates To Our Policy
If you have any questions about our privacy practices or this policy, please contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.