If you are looking for a Mac address on an LG Smart TV but are facing a problem, then this article is for you. We will teach you how you can find Mac Address on LG Smart TV.
To find the MAC address on your LG Smart TV, go to Settings > General Settings > Network Settings and select your network. The MAC address will be displayed there.
MAC address is the unique ID of devices that are used to identify your device on the network, and MAC is also essential for Various network-related tasks.
Table of Contents
What is a MAC address?
A MAC address (Media Access Control address) is a unique identifier assigned to a network interface controller (NIC) by the manufacturer. It is a 48-bit hexadecimal address that cannot be changed. The MAC address is used to identify devices on a network, configure routers, and troubleshoot network problems.
How to Find MAC Address on LG Smart TV?
You can find MAC address on your LG TV, by following these simple steps:
- Click on Home button on your remote control.
- Navigate to Settings and press OK.
- Select All Settings and press OK.
- In All Settings, navigate to General and press OK.
- Now select Network in the General settings.
- Scroll down and find the Wi-Fi Network or Wired Network section.
- Here you can see the MAC Address of your LG Smart TV. This is also known as your physical address of LG TV.
Read Also: How to Connect Soundbars to LG TV?
Find MAC address on LG Smart TV without a remote
If you don’t have the remote control to access the LG Smart TV settings, you can still find the MAC address using the physical buttons on the TV itself.
- Look for a physical Settings or Menu button on the TV itself.
- In Menu, navigate to the All Settings option and press OK.
- Select General from the All Settings.
- Go to Network or Network Connection.
- From the Network settings, choose Wireless Connection or Wired Connection, depending on the internet you are using.
- Here, you will find Wireless MAC address or Wired MAC address.
Read Also: How to Download Spectrum APP on LG SMART TV?
When might I need to know my LG Smart TV’s MAC address?
There are a number of reasons why you might need to know the MAC address of your LG Smart TV. You might need it to:
1. To troubleshoot network problems
2. To connect to specific networks, such as a guest network or a network that requires MAC address filtering
3. To configure your router
4. To connect to certain services that require MAC address authentication
How do I find the MAC address on my LG Smart TV?
To Find MAC Address on LG Smart TV
Go to Settings > ALL Settings > General > Network Settings > Wireless or Wired Connection > Here, you can see the MAC address of your LG TV.
IS IP Address and MAC address same ?
No, IP Address and MAC address are not same. The main difference between MAC address and IP address is that MAC address is a unique identifier assigned to a network interface controller (NIC) by the manufacturer, while IP address is a logical address assigned to a device connected to a network.
Can I change MAC address on LG TV with VPN?
No, you cannot change the MAC address on an LG TV with a VPN, because a MAC address is a unique identifier assigned to a network interface controller (NIC) by the manufacturer. It is a 48-bit hexadecimal address that cannot be changed.
What is the address of the LG Smart TV?
To find the MAC address of your LG Smart TV, follow these steps:
1. Open the Settings app on your TV.
2. Select Network.
3. Select Network Settings.
4. Within the network settings, you should see an option labeled “MAC address” or “Ethernet address.” Select this option.
5. The screen will display the MAC address of your TV.
Where is the MAC address on my smart TV?
The MAC address on a smart TV is typically located in the network settings, and is used to identify the TV on a network.
What is the MAC address prefix for LG?
The MAC address prefix for LG is typically
18:28:61. However, it is important to note that MAC address prefixes can vary for different LG device models and regions. To find the exact MAC address prefix for a specific LG device, you can refer to the user manual or contact LG’s customer support.