Major League Baseball (MLB) is one of the most popular sports leagues in the world, with millions of fans tuning in to watch their favorite teams play each year. If you’re a baseball fan and you have an LG Smart TV, you’re probably wondering how you can watch MLB TV on LG smart TV.
In this article, we’ll show you how to watch MLB TV on LG Smart TVs using streaming services, streaming devices, AirPlay, and LG SmartShare. We’ll also provide some troubleshooting tips in case you’re having any problems.
So if you’re a baseball fan with an LG Smart TV, be sure to check out this blog post! We’ll help you get started with watching MLB TV on your TV in no time.
Also Read: How to WATCH NFL GAMES ON LG SMART TV
Table of Contents
Can I Get the MLB TV app on the LG Content Store?
No, Unfortunately until now MLB TV app is not available on the LG Content Store. Maybe in the future, it will be available in the LG store. But No need to worry even if it’s not available in LG Store you can still enjoy MLB streams on your LG Smart TVs.
You can’t get MLB TV on LG Smart TV from its official LG Content Store. You can Watch MLB Games through alternative methods like using Streaming Apps, Streaming Devices, Airplay, and Screen Mirroring through Andriod Devices.
Methods To Watch MLB TV app on LG Smart TV
We can watch MLB TV app on LG Smart TV through a lot of options. You can Enjoy this league on your LG Screen with just a few steps. Here are a few of them:
1. via Streaming Services
MLB has its own Streaming App Known as MLB.TV but unfortunately MLB.TV App is not available on the official LG Content Store.
But there are a lot of other Streaming Platforms that Allow you to watch MLB Matches on your LG TV like Amazon Prime Video, FuboTV, Youtube TV, Hulu + Live TV, Fox Sports App, AT&T TV Now, Sling TV, and Sling + TV.
To Watch MLB on LG TV Follow these Steps:
- Turn on Your LG TV and Ensure you have a stable internet connection.
- Press the Home Button on the TV Remote to go to the Home Menus.
- Go To LG Content Store on the Home Menu.
- Search for The Streaming App to which you have a Subscription.
- From the search result, click on the Icon of your Desired App.
- Click on Install or Download to Start the downloading of the app on your LG TV.
- After It gets Downloaded, launch the app.
- Login to your Account in the streaming app and search for “MLB TV Channel”.
- Select the Game that you want to watch on MLB.
2. via Streaming Devices
If the Streaming Service app is not present on LG Content Store then you can use Streaming Devices to stream MLB TV on your LG TV.
There are a lot of Streaming Devices which you can use with your LG like Chromecast, Nvidia Shield, AirPlay (iOS devices only), Roku TV, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, etc. You Need to download the MLB.TV app or any other Streaming Service App from the App Store or Channel Store of the Streaming Device that you are using.
Follow the Steps Below to Watch the MLB TV app on LG Smart TV through Streaming Devices.
- Connect the Streaming Devices with your LG TV through the HDMI Port.
- Ensure Both the Streaming Device and LG TV are Connected to a stable internet Connection.
- Now Turn the Streaming Device on.
- Go To LG TV Home Screen and access the Apps Store or Channel Store of your Stream Device.
- Search the MLB.TV App or any other Streaming App that allows you to watch MLB Games like HULU, Fubo TV, Sling TV+, etc.
- Click on the Install or Download Button to Start Download.
- After the installation Process is Completed, launch the App.
- Log in to Your Account.
- Search For Your Favorite MLB Live Stream or On-Demand Content.
- Play It and Enjoy the Games.
Some Apps that allow you to Watch MLB TV are:
- Amazon Prime Video
- Fox Sports
- Sling + TV
- MLB.TV App
- Youtube TV
If These Apps are compatible with your LG TV then you can Download them and subscribe to Enjoy The Sports and Entertainment Content.
Also Read: HOW TO DOWNLOAD APPS ON LG SMART TV
3. via AirPlay
If you are unable to get MLB.TV through Streaming Services on your LG TV, Then you can Use iOS Devices to Airplay MLB TV on your LG. The method is simple and in just a few steps you can enjoy the GAmes on your Screen. Follow the steps below to AIrplay MLB on LG.
- You need a subscription to MLB.TV app to access the Content.
- Download the MLB TV App on your iPhone or iPad.
- Launch the app and log in with your Credentials.
- Now search for Match or live Stream which you want to watch and Play it.
- Now Click on the “AirPlay” icon on the Top of the Screen.
- Select your LG TV from the available Devices List.
- After you Click it will prompt for Pass Key or PIN code to get paired with your LG TV.
- After you enter the Code your LG TV will get paired and Now you can Enjoy the MLB Streams on Your LG TV.
Note: You must First Enable Airplay2.0 on your LG TV if it’s not enabled.
4. via LG SmartShare
In New Models of LG TVs, there is a built-in app “SmartShare” through which you can Share Screen Or Content with Your LG TV through different devices like Andriod Smartphones, computers, Gamebox, and many others.
So you can Watch MLB TV on your LG Smart TV Using this feature. Follow The Steps Below.
- Press the Home Button On the LG TV Remote.
- From Home Menus, Navigate to the LG SmartShare App.
- In the LG SmartShare app, Go To Devices and Then Select Your SmartPhone from the List and Allow “Screen Sharing” with LG TV.
- After you have successfully connected the connection between your LG TV and Smartphone, Download the MLB.TV App from Google Play Store on your Phone.
- Launch the App on your Phone and log in with Your Credentials.
- Search for Live Stream or On-Demand Matches that you desire to watch and Play.
- Your Screen Will be Mirrored to LG Smart TV and In this way, you can Enjoy MLB.TV on LG TV.
Note: If you can’t find LG Smart Share on your LG TV then you can use the Screen Mirroring option on your Mobile to Mirror your Screen to LG TV. Launch MLB.TV App on your phone and play the content you want to watch. Then Click on the Screen Cast or Screen Mirroring icon to reflect the screen to LG TV.
Other Methods to Watch MLB TV on LG Smart TV
There are a few other Methods that you can use to watch MLB Games on LG TV. Here is a list of those methods:
- Stream MLB TV through a Web Browser.
- MLB TV Thorugh Cable Networks.
- MLB TV through Free TV Channels like ESPN and Fox Sports.
|GET PHILO ON LG SMART TV
|CLEAR CACHE ON LG SMART TV
|WATCH CRUNCHYROLL ON LG SMART TV
|UPDATE LG SMART TV FIRMWARE
|LG TV APPS NOT WORKING
|LG TV HAS SOUND BUT NO PICTURE
How To Download MLB.TV On Lg Tv?
You cannot download the MLB TV app on LG Smart TVs. The MLB.TV app is not available on the LG Content Store.
But there are a few ways to watch MLB TV on LG Smart TVs, such as using streaming services, streaming devices, AirPlay, or LG SmartShare.
How to uninstall MLB.TV on LG TV?
You cannot uninstall the MLB TV app from LG Smart TVs because the MLB TV app is not available on the LG Content Store.
However, if you are using a streaming device to watch MLB TV on your LG Smart TV, Go to the home screen, find the MLB TV app, press and hold select, and uninstall.
Why can’t i get MLB app on LG TV?
The reason why you can’t get the MLB app on LG Smart TVs is because LG and MLB have not yet reached an agreement to distribute the app on the LG Content Store. It is possible that the app will be available in the future, but there is no guarantee.
How do you update MLB app on an LG smart TV?
You cannot update the MLB app on an LG Smart TV, if you are using any stream device to cast MLB App, Connect streaming device to internet > go to home screen > select MLB TV app > press and hold select button > select Update app or Check for updates